Design and Analysis of Axial Flux Machines with Permanent Magnets
We are starting beta testing our new software MotorXP-AFM for design and analysis of axial flux machines. You can request the beta version of MotorXP-AFM for FREE (please fill in the request form below). MotorXP-AFM (beta) will work for about three months until we release the final version of MotorXP-AFM.
You are encouraged to provide feedback about any problems with MotorXP-AFM (beta) in order to improve the final version of MotorXP-AFM. To send your feedback please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using Contact form.
MotorXP-AFM features summary
- Stator-Rotor, Stator-Rotor-Stator (with yoke or yokeless rotor) and Rotor-Stator-Rotor (with yoke or yokeless stator) topologies
- 3D stator and rotor geometry templates
Stator geometries: Parallel flat slot, Parallel round slot Rotor geometries: Trapezoidal magnet, Rectangular magnet, Halbach array
- Custom geometry templates
Create fully parameterized 3D geometry templates for custom stator and rotor geometries of arbitrary complexity
- 3D geometry export into STEP file
- Concentrated, distributed and toroidal winding types
- Manual or automatic winding layout for all possible pole/slot combinations
- Different wire sizing methods
AWG, SWG, wire diameter and slot or coil fill factor
- Calculation of different winding parameters
Fundamental winding factor and harmonic winding factors, LCM and GCD of slot number and pole number, phase resistance and end turns inductance
- Materials library and custom materials
- Custom transistors and diodes
These can be added using data sheet parameters for inverter losses calculation
- High accuracy and high computational speed quasi-3D finite element modelling approach, around 50 times faster compared to full 3D FEA
- FEA and analytical analysis methods including ultra-fast hybrid FEA-DQ method
- Sinewave, PWM and six step drives are supported
- All types of losses: winding losses, eddy current and hysteresis iron losses (including higher harmonics and minor hysteresis loops), magnet losses, etc.
- Permanent magnet demagnetization analysis
- Inverter losses calculation for IGBT and MOSFET transistors (including SiC MOSFETs)
- Time-series waveform plots and frequency spectrums
Current, voltage, back-EMF, torque, powers, losses, etc.
- Air gap distribution waveform plots and frequency spectrums
Air gap flux density magnitude, air gap flux density tangential and normal components, radial force, etc.
- Field plots and flux contours
Flux density distribution, current density distribution, loss distribution, etc.
- Animated air gap distribution and field plots versus time
- Machine constants
- Flux density levels in different parts of the machine automatically calculated
- Steady-state performance characteristics taking into account field weakening
Torque vs. speed, torque vs. advance angle, voltage vs. speed, etc.
- Steady-state performance maps
Efficiency maps, losses maps, etc.
- Extraction of the D-Q model parameters (such as Ld, Lq, magnet flux linkage)
These can be used in third-party applications, such as, FEM parameterized PMSM block of Simulink© Simscape
- Id and Iq lookup tables extracted from the efficiency map data
These can be uploaded into controller for optimal motor performance
- Plots exported into CSV and MAT files
Why wait for the final version of MotorXP-AFM? Preorder it now and get 20% off!
Get 20% off if you preorder MotorXP-AFM now before the final version is released. How it works? You just continue using beta version of MotorXP-AFM. Once the final version is ready, we will send your personal copy of MotorXP-AFM to you so you will seamlessly migrate to the final version at the end of the beta testing period. Please contact us at email@example.com or using Contact form for pricing information and to get more details.
Please fill in the form below in order to request the beta version of MotorXP-AFM: